Aloha, April 29, 2014
In modern politics, the best candidate doesn’t always win – it’s the best campaign that wins.
That is why I am so proud to introduce my campaign team. Together, they have the knowledge, experience and skills to ensure that we have a winning campaign.
- Honorable Linda Lingle, Campaign Chair. Having served two successful terms as Governor of Hawaii and another two as Mayor of Maui, Governor Lingle has an unparalleled insight and knowledge of the issues facing our state and nation, and understands the art of campaigning in Hawaii.
- Honorable Barbara Marumoto, Campaign Manager. Barbara will lead the Djou congressional campaign team after having served for 34 years in the Hawaii State House of Representatives. She is the longest-serving woman in the Hawaii legislature and brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Shelton Jim On, Finance Chair – Shelton is an attorney in private practice in Honolulu and former member of the Judicial Selection Commission. Having served on numerous political finance committees, he has the drive, determination and acumen to lead our finance team.
- Darwin Ching, Grassroots Chair – Darwin is a former member of the Hawaii State Board of Education and served as the Director of Labor and Industrial Relations for the State of Hawaii. He is an attorney in private practice and brings valuable insight and experience to our congressional campaign.
- Gary Ishikawa, Coalitions Chair – General Ishikawa is a retired brigadier general in the Hawaii Army National Guard and previously served as an engineer with the Honolulu Board of Water Supply. Gary brings tremendous expertise and organizational skills.
- Chris Mashiba, Treasurer – Chris is currently a tax partner in the Honolulu law firm of Cades Schutte LLP. Chris has served as campaign treasurer for over a decade.
- Cal Chipchase, Campaign Legal Counsel - Cal is a partner in the Honolulu law firm of Cades Schutte LLP and an adjunct professor of law at the University of Hawaii. Cal was my Chief of Staff in Washington DC while I was in Congress.
We have the best campaign leadership team and we can have the best campaign, but only with your help.
Please consider giving $25, $50 or $100 today to show your support for our campaign team.
Or volunteer today to place a bumper sticker on your car, a yard sign on your front lawn or business, host a coffee hour, or invite Charles to speak at your rotary club or business organization, and help us to have the best campaign.
Member of Congress
Hawaii's 1st Congressional District, 2010-11