WalletHub Study: Honolulu Is the 15th Most Diverse City in America
From Wallet Hub May 13, 2015
With May being Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and America’s demographic profile rapidly diversifying, the leading personal finance social network WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Most Diverse Cities in America.
As a final installment to our series on diversity studies, WalletHub once again examined the demographic profiles of the 230 most populated U.S. cities to find the most diverse among them. We did so by analyzing each city across four major categories of measure: economic class diversity, ethno-racial and linguistic diversity, economic diversity and household diversity.
Honolulu Scores 15th overall --
- 14th for “Economic Class Diversity"
- 47th for “Ethno-Racial & Linguistic Diversity”
- 84th for “Diversified Economies”
- 64th for “Household Diversity”
Diversity in Honolulu (1=Most; 115=Avg.)
For the full report, please visit: LINK
- 77th – Income Diversity
- 101st – Educational Diversity
- 103rd – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 67th – Region of Birth Diversity
- 56th – Worker-Class Diversity
- 119th – Marital Status Diversity
- 4th – Age Diversity
- 105th – Household Size Diversity