WalletHub Study: Hawaii Is the 5th Safest State to Live In
From WalletHub, June 1, 2015
With June being National Safety Month and summer being the prime season for family relocation, the leading personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis on 2015's Safest States to Live In.
To help prospective movers find a safe location in which to lay down roots, WalletHub analyzed the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia across 20 key metrics. Some of the metrics in our data set include the number of assaults per 100,000 residents, the number of fatal occupational injuries per 100,000 employees and the percentage of the population lacking health insurance coverage.
Safety Conditions in Hawaii (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
For the full report, please visit: LINK
- 2nd – Number of Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per 100,000 Residents
- 11th – Number of Assaults per 100,000 Residents
- 3rd – Number of Fatal Occupational Injuries per 100,000 Employees
- 22nd – Number of Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 9th – Unemployment Rate
- 16th – Bullying Incidents Rate
- 19th – Number of Sex Offenders per 100,000 Residents
- 2nd – Share of the Population with No Health Insurance