DRUG PROOFING YOUR KIDS
From Hawaii Family Forum September 9, 2015
We are pleased to invite you to a FREE community presentation on the dangers of drug abuse. Three community events are currently scheduled:
- September 21 (Mililani HIgh School from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.);
- September 22 (Ark of Safety in Waianae Mall from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.) or
- September 23, (Lana'i, location TBA).
Because our keiki deserve our best, the Coalition for a Drug-Free Hawaii, Hawaii Family Forum and the State of Hawaii Department of Health: Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division joined forces (with other local experts) to provide timely and relevant information on the issue of protecting our children from drug abuse. These free events will give you an opportunity to get answers to your questions about preventing access to and reducing the use of marijuana among Hawaii’s youth.
Presenters include Dr. Kevin Sabet, co-founder of Project SAM, an internationally known expert and advocate on marijuana and John Redman, the Executive Director of Californians for a Drug-Free Youth (CADFY), Inc., the largest statewide substance abuse prevention organization in California.
Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- Latest science on marijuana and effects on the developing brain to better prepare parents and family members to deal with marijuana use with youth.
- The impact of medical marijuana in other states and what to watch for as a medical marijuana dispensary systems is established in Hawai'i
- Find out what is happening in Colorado with respect to Big Tobacco companies and the legalized marijuana industry
- What can we do to prevent and reduce marijuana use among our keiki?
Let's continue to pray for our keiki and show them that their lives are precious. Not only in the secret place of the womb, created lovingly by our Heavenly Father, but also as they navigate through their lives to make better and healthier choices.