by Andrew Walden
Just as the rail lobby did for the 2015 legislature, HART is now ginning up a new billion dollar "financial emergency" timed to justify a Honolulu Council vote to raise the GE Tax by 0.5% for the years 2022-2027 under Act 240.
You weren't fooled by HART this Spring, were you?
You aren't fooled this time either.
PDF: HART Crisis Letter
- December 31, 2014: Mufi: HART Crying Wolf When there is no Crisis
- January, 2015: Okino, Djou: End the State Skim on Rail Funds
- January 22, 2015: Creating Fake Crisis to Push Real Tax Hike, Caldwell Drops Fake Bus Funds Raid, Moves on to Fake Road Building Funds Raid
- Feb 13, 2015: Senate Transport Committee Votes for Rail Tax Extension, Admits it's to Build More Rail into Kapolei, Manoa
- Feb 19, 2015: Creating Fake Crisis to Push Tax Hike, Council pretends to remove bus funds from rail money plan
- April 30, 2015: Desperate to Push GE Tax Hike Thru, HART Pretends Property Tax Hike is Only Alternative