WELCOME to the PEOPLE’S PUBLIC HEARING ON RAIL
RAIL COSTS TRIPLE WILL PROPERTY TAXES ZOOM UPWARDS?
IS OUR CITY HEADING FOR BANKRUPTCY ?
TOPIC: HONOLULU’S OVER-PRICED STEEL WHEELS ON STEEL RAILS PROJECT:
- Rail’s Need for Financial Accountability and an Audit.
- Alternative Rail Technologies - Magnetic Levitation, etc.
- Citizens' Input on Rail Financing and Alternatives.
DATE/TIME: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
PLACE: Washington Middle School Cafeteria 1633 S. King Street (corner of S. King & Punahou Streets) Honolulu, HI 96826
1. This non-government sponsored public hearing is to obtain Financial and Managerial Accountability of the City & County of Honolulu’s rail project. As we have learned: Credible Financial and Managerial Accountability for the taxpayers each quarter is required for the success of a gigantic project such as this.
We have invited a representative from the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (HART), and included a list of questions that we wish to have answered.
2. To present measures to convert our present overpriced and outdated steel-wheels system to a more affordable and efficient rail option, such as urban magnetic levitation, to complete the 20-mile project without the need of additional funds.
3. To inform our Hawaii State and City legislators (all of whom have been invited) of more acceptable and effective ways of financing the rail and selecting mass transit technologies.
The public is invited to present up to 5-minute testimonies on the:
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY of the rail project,
- need for an AUDIT, FINANCING rail, and/or
- ALTERNATIVE AFFORDABLE PUBLIC TRANSIT TECHNOLOGIES
Contact persons for information and for testimony sign-up, starting three days in advance:
Call Former State Senator Rod Tam (808) 216-5454 or Mr. Frank Genadio (808) 672-9170
SPONSORED BY: The Financial Accountability for Rail Mass Transit Association and Ali’i Security Systems, Inc.
TAXPAYERS: COME and VOICE YOUR CONCERNS and PROPOSALS!