DEM SENATOR CLAIMS THE LEFT HAS ‘NO EQUIVALENT’ TO ‘DARK’ TRUMP RALLIES – HE MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN THESE INCIDENTS
by Benny Johnson, Daily Caller, August 1, 2018
After a free-wheeling campaign rally in Tampa, Hawaii Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz called the event a “dark carnival” and declared the left has “no equivalent.”
“This is not a thing on the left,” Schatz claimed. “We just argue about healthcare and climate and sometimes relitigate 2016 but we are not actually out of our minds.”
Brian Schatz ✔@brianschatz
We have no equivalent to the dark carnival that is a trump rally. This is not a thing on the left. We just argue about healthcare and climate and sometimes relitigate 2016 but we are not actually out of our minds.
4:00 PM - Jul 31, 2018
The facts, however, are not on his side. Here is a short reminder of the dark and at times violent responses to the Trump presidency so far:
- Kathy Griffin held a bloody “beheaded” Trump bust.
- Snoop Dogg pretended to shoot a Trump figure and rapped about killing the president in a video.
- A “Saturday Night Live” writer predicted that the president’s 11-year-old son would be “this country’s first homeschool shooter.”
- Madonna declared that she has thought about “blowing up the White House.”
- A teacher was suspended for shooting a squirt gun at an image of Trump, screaming “Die!”
- Sarah Silverman called for an American “military overthrow” of Trump.
- Stephen Colbert joked about the president giving a blowjob to Vladimir Putin.
- Joy Behar said that believing in Jesus is a “mental illness.”
- Jimmy Kimmel mocked the first lady’s foreign accent.
- Chelsea Handler tore into Sarah Sanders’ looks and weight, calling her a “whore.”
- A Democratic congressman made a blowjob joke about Kellyanne Conway.
- ESPN anchor Jemele Hill called Trump a “white supremacist.”
- Michelle Wolf mocked Sarah Sanders’ looks, calling her a liar to her face.
- Keith Olbermann called Trump a “Nazi” and drops regular expletive laced rants.
- Samantha Bee called the first daughter a “c**t” with absolutely no remorse.
- A Bernie Sanders supporter targeted GOP members of Congress in a shooting.
- A Democratic congressional candidate called the first lady a “whore.”
- Multiple members of the administration have gotten harassed, shouted down, or kicked out of restaurants just for working for the president.
- Multiple people have made death threats against the families of administration officials, including Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai.
- A man stole a teenager’s MAGA hat and threw a drink on him.
- Maxine Waters said Trump officials are “not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
- Left-wing Antifa members have harassed Trump supporters.
Good luck convincing the American public that Democrats are the party of peace.