2019 Summer Journalism Internships
From Hawaii SPJ
Launch an exciting media career with a paid summer job!
Your future starts here.
Get a job in print, online, or broadcast media or public relations.
This is a great way to get experience, paid on-the-job training, and a start in media or public relations.
Full-time internships (10 weeks at 40 hours/week) with a $4,040 salary:
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser (daily newspaper)
- Pacific Business News (weekly business newspaper)
- Hawaii (bimonthly travel magazine)
- Hawaii Business (monthly business magazine)
- Honolulu (monthly city magazine)
- Pacific Edge (business/lifestyle magazine)
- Honolulu Civil Beat (online news)
- Hawaii News Now (TV news) (Wally Zimmermann Internship for Television Broadcast Journalism)
- KHON Channel 2 (TV news)(Wally Zimmermann Internship for Television Broadcast Journalism)
- Alexander & Baldwin (public relations)
Part-time internships (8 weeks at 29 hours/week) with a $2,343 salary:
- KITV 4 News (TV news)(Wally Zimmermann Internship for Television Broadcast Journalism)
- Hawaii Public Radio (radio news)
- Hawaii residents enrolled in a college or university outside Hawaii.
- Any student enrolled in a college or university in Hawaii.
- College or university students who attended school in Hawaii or who live in Hawaii now.
- Recent graduates who graduated no earlier than May 2018.
How to apply:
Visit www.hawaiispj.org to fill out an online application form.
Write a cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you want an internship, list your relevant coursework or news media experience, and include three references with their contact information.
Include writing or video samples of your news media work. You can send these as URL links; pdfs, Word, or .txt files; wmv files for video; or wav files for audio.
Send all materials labeled with your name to email@example.com.
Deadline: March 4, 2019
For more information, contact Craig DeSilva at (808) 282-1038 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download application here
SA: Journalist internship applications being accepted