Financial and Compliance Audit of the Department of Land and Natural Resources
From Hawaii State Auditor, May, 2019
The auditors from N&K CPAs, Inc. identified four material weaknesses and one other matter in internal control over financial reporting or other matters that are required to be reported in accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
THE AUDITORS IDENTIFIED four material weaknesses and one other matter that are required to reported in accordance with Government Auditing Standards. Material Weaknesses (4)
• Improve recordkeeping to prepare accrual basis financial statements.
• Improve accounting for construction in progress.
• Reconcile security deposits to cash held.
• Update allowance for uncollectible accounts and formalize procedures to follow-up on delinquent accounts.
• Remit funds due to others on a timely basis.