From: Public Access Room
Subject: Access to the Capitol
Aloha, Mar 29, 2022
New procedures have been put in place to access the Capitol building:
- Security guards are located at both entry points (see below) to perform an access screening which includes providing photo identification.
- Visitors will no longer be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Mask wearing is requested in House chambers and rooms; mask wearing is required in Senate chambers and rooms, and in the Public Access Room (PAR).
- Visitors are able to enter the Capitol building at two locations: the street-level "Core 1" elevator (located on the Ewa-side of the rotunda, closest to S. Beretania Street) and the basement entrance (accessible via the stairwell adjacent to Washington Place). Visitors may access these entries from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Visitors will be issued a daily sticker which must be worn/remain visible while in the Capitol building.
It appears these procedures will continue through session. We’ll let you know if anything changes!
Public Access Room (PAR)
A Division of the Legislative Reference Bureau (LRB)