Vandalism continues - Hawaiian GM papaya destroyed
From Truth About Trade Blog
It's a sad and continuous theme in recent years, months and days as field trials of crops are intentionally destroyed around the world.
Some examples TATT pointed out this week are Bt eggplant trials in the Philippines, GM wheat and potato test fields in Germany; and the recent Greenpeace "media event" destroying the GM wheat trial in Australia.
Not even the U.S is immune, as someone has destroyed thousands of GM papaya trees in Hawaii. It happened a year ago, and now again this week.
Here are several news items, some with video coverage as noted:
- Star-Advertiser (July 20, 2011) - Decapitation of papaya trees unnerves Hawaii isle farmers
- Star-Advertiser, Editorial (July 21, 2011) - Papaya vandals must be stopped
- KHON 2 News (July 20, 2011) - Police follow new clues in papaya destruction mystery
- KITV 4 News (July 20, 2011) - Vandals Destroy 10 Acres Of Big Island Papayas (Video of news footage, and slideshow of damage available)
- Hawaii News Now, KGMB and KHNL TV (July 20, 2011) - Reward offered in Big Island papaya vandalism case (video available)
- Big Island Video News.com (July 19, 2011) - Puna papaya farms attacked, one year after mass vandalism (also has video from July 2, 2010 destruction)
When it comes to trying to sum up what to think about those who destroy these field test, check out the blog at Reason.com by Ronald Bailey: If You Don't Want to Be Treated Like a "Dumb Mum," Then Stop Acting Like One
Related: The Future of Fraud
Question: What religion produces the most terror attacks in the USA each year?
Source: FBI: Eco-Terrorism Remains No. 1 Domestic Terror Threat