FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- WHO: 307th Expeditionary Signal Battalion (ESB)
- WHAT: Deployment ceremony
- WHEN: Monday May 24, 10 a.m.
- WHERE: Building 300 Parade Field, Helemano Military Reservation, Wahiawa
- DETAILS: Family members and friends will bid a fond aloha to the Soldiers of the 307th ITSB, as they embark on their first deployment since Vietnam.
Approximately 200 Soldiers assigned to Headquarters, Headquarters Company (HHC) and Bravo Company, 307th ESB, are deploying to Afghanistan for one year to provide signal support as part of the Operation Enduring Freedom surge.
Keynote speakers are scheduled to include Hawaii's Lt. Governor James R. "Duke" Aiona and Major General Susan S. Lawrence, Commanding General, United States Army Network Enterprise Technology Command and 9th Signal Command.
Distinguished guests in attendance will include Hawaii State Senator Norman Sakamoto and Brigadier General Alan R. Lynn, Commanding General, 311th Signal Command.