Duke Aiona Launches Connecting Communities Initiative
HONOLULU - Lt. Governor Duke Aiona, the leading Republican candidate for Governor, today announced that he will kick off his Connecting Communities initiative to hold 20 talk stories in 20 communities across the state. The new statewide effort to connect working families and concerned citizens to each other and the issues they care about most follows Duke Aiona's small business initiative in which he met with more than 120 small businesses in 100 days.
"It is only through an active and engaged public that we will be able to achieve lasting solutions to the issues we face," Lt. Governor Aiona said. "These talk stories are an essential part of my plan to ensure all of our residents have the opportunity to live, work and raise a family in a Hawai‘i they can afford. Hawai‘i is the most diverse state in the nation, and it's important to meet with and listen to families in every community."
As part of the Connecting Communities initiative, Duke Aiona will discuss his policy agenda and plan for Hawai‘i and answer questions from the community. All of the Connecting Communities events will be organized by Duke Aiona's grassroots campaign.
Duke Aiona's Connecting Communities initiative will begin this week on the Neighbor Islands. The first Connecting Communities event on O`ahu will be held in Kapolei, where the Lieutenant Governor lives with his family. Many of the events will be streamed online at www.DukeAiona.com.
Connecting Communities Initiative Schedule
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 - Lana‘i
- Thursday, Sept. 2 - Kaua‘i
- Friday, Sept. 3 - Maui
- Thursday, Sept. 16 - Kapolei
- Tuesday, Sept. 21 - Wai‘anae
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 - West Hawai‘i Island
- Sunday, Sept. 26 - ‘Aiea-Waipahu
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 - Windward O‘ahu
- Monday, Oct. 4 - East Hawai‘i Island
- Tuesday, Oct. 5 - East O‘ahu
- Thursday, Oct. 7 - Waimea, Hawai‘i Island
- Wednesday, Oct. 13 - Diamond Head - Makiki
- Thursday, Oct. 14 - Leeward O‘ahu
- Saturday, Oct. 16 - Central O‘ahu (morning)
- Saturday, Oct. 16 - Kalihi (afternoon)
- Friday, Oct. 22 - Moloka‘i
- Saturday, Oct. 23 - North Shore, O‘ahu
- Monday, Oct. 25 - Punchbowl-Pearl Ridge
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 - Kaua‘i
More information about upcoming events can be found online at www.DukeAiona.com.