From Rep Kym Pine (R-Ewa)
1. Although the Flag Bill (HB1468) must eventually be heard – the Flag Bill will NOT be heard tomorrow. This delay however gives all us who are passionate about displaying our flag on our own property more time to contact and urge Representative Cabanilla, Chairman of the House Committee on Housing, to put the flag bill – HB 1468—on the schedule for a hearing.
2. However, the bill that will be heard tomorrow, HB 1464, also deals with homeowner community associations and the lack of transparency by some homeowner community association boards in their decisions and actions and the lack of fairness by some of these boards in their treatment of their association members. The purpose of this bill – HB 1464 – is
- to require homeowners community association boards to be open and transparent when making board decisions and carrying out board actions,
- to prohibit association boards from harassing or intimidating association members, and
- to prohibit board members from having financial conflicts of interest when they render board decisions or undertake board actions.
So please submit testimony as soon as possible for HB 1464 to insure the transparency and fairness of homeowner community association boards. This may include testimony about your personal experiences in dealing with these community association boards, as well as testimony on how this bill could help you.
ACTION NEEDED: HB1464 IS BEING HEARD WED FEB 2, 8:30AM IN CONFERENCE ROOM 325 AT THE CAPITOL.
COME TO THE HEARING and give your testimony. Be sure to submit your testimony via email immediately to:
If you cannot make it to the hearing, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR TESTIMONY to the three emails above.
House Bill 1464 will be heard by the Committee on Housing on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 8:30am in State Capitol Conference Room 325.
Persons wishing to offer comments should submit testimony immediately with a transmittal cover indicating:
- Testifier's name with position/title and organization;
- The Committee the comments are directed to; (The Committee on Housing)
- The date and time of the hearing; (Wednesday, February 2, 2011 – 8:30am)
- Measure number (House Bill 1464)
Submit testimony in ONE of the following ways:
Testimony submitted will be placed on the Legislative Web site after the hearing adjourns. The public posting of testimony on the Web site should be considered when including personal information in your testimony.
To get your copy of HB1464 - Click Here: http://capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/getstatus.asp?query=HB1464&currpage=1&showstatus=on&showtext=on&showcommrpt=on&showtestimony=on
Please contact us with any questions!
REP. KYMBERLY MARCOS PINE
District 43 - Ewa Beach, Puuloa, West Loch Fairways, Iroquois Point