by Rep Kym Pine (R-Ewa)
Like you, I am happy to see that our community is returning to normal after storms caused the power blackout on March 4th and the tsunami led to evacuations and damage on March 11th. I am proud that our community pulled together and did its best to manage.
You're Invited to a Town Hall Meeting:
- Tuesday, March 22 at 7:00PM
- Ewa Makai Middle School cafeteria, 91-6291 Kapolei Parkway, Ewa Beach
This will be a good occasion to:
- Give feedback on the two recent incidents,
- Learn about Ewa Beach community preparedness for the future, and
- Find out how to apply for HECO reimbursement for lost power.
Invited parties include: State Civil Defense, Hawaiian Electric Company, Hawaii Medical Center West, elected officials, and local businesses and organizations.
I spent time on-site during and after both events, speaking with residents and workers tasked with evacuation, restoration and clean-up assistance. While many things worked very well, I did hear comments from constituents who were frustrated with other aspects of the aftermath.
Experts and agency representatives will be there to answer your questions and help your family stay safe, healthy and comfortable should we endure events like these again.
Please invite your friends and neighbors! I look forward to seeing you on March 22.
REP. KYMBERLY MARCOS PINE