Friday, November 15, 2013
Hawaii Christian Coalition: Give Thanks to the 23
By News Release @ 10:03 PM :: 3729 Views :: Family, First Amendment
From Hawaii Christian Coalition November 15, 2013
After Judge Sakamoto's decision not to allow the voices of the people of Hawaii to be heard, it is now time for the good citizens of this State to take action, and elect leaders that will listen to the voices of the people.
The Hawaii Christian Coalition will be organizing districts to mobilize the grassroots effort in that community.
The goals of those efforts will be to:
- Inform people of State and local issues and events.
- Organize neighborhoods within the community.
- Train grassroots activists for civic action.
- Establish liaisons with local churches.
- Identify and register pro-family voters in each neighborhood.
- Distribute non-partisan voter educational material.
Please join with us as we prepare to become a bridge to help elect pro-family, pro-life officials in order to secure a moral society where our children can grow up to be raised in a community where strong family values will be taught and lived.
Call or email us now to be part of this movement.
State Chairman,Hawaii Christian Coalition
Do not despise the days of small beginnings -- Zechariah 4:10
Message from Pastor Rick Lazor
'Tis the season to give thanks to the Lord for those 23 good legislators who voted "no" on SB1 and "yes" for marriage. And once you've finished thanking Jesus for their boldness, here's something you can easily do that's almost as great - thank them PERSONALLY, too!
Did you know? - -
Early in the morning of the full House vote on this bill, just outside the doorway of every expected "yes" voter in the building, a small gift was left on the floor by a UH gay students association - a protea, a card and some goodies?
The very least we can do is a personal phone call, a visit or a letter right now - as a simple gift to these friends listed below - or even more, if you're so led.
Contact one or all or as many as you can. Since we flooded their offices with 15-20,000 pages of testimony two weeks ago, wouldn't a tsunami of "mahalos" right now be a real blessing?
Visit or write to them at (using their room number) :
The Honorable First Name Last Name
HAWAI'I STATE Senate OR House of Representatives
415 S BERETANIA ST - ROOM XXX
HONOLULU, HI 96813
Or call at the phone number given.
NAME - ROOM NUMBER - DISTRICT
- Mike Gabbard - 201 - 20 Kapolei, Makakilo, and portions of ‘Ewa, Kalaeloa, and Waipahu
- Ronald Kouchi - 206 – 8 Kaua'i, Ni'ihau
- Sam Slom - 214 – 9 Hawai‘i Kai, Kuli‘ou‘ou, Niu, ‘Aina Haina, Wai‘alae-Kahala, Diamond Head
- Donna Mercado Kim - 409 -14 Kapalama, ‘Alewa, Kalihi Valley, Ft. Shafter, Moanalua Gardens & Valley, portions of Halawa and Aiea
- Henry Aquino - 419 - 38 Waipahu
- Karen Awana - 403 - 43 Ewa Vill, Kalaeloa, Honokai Hale, Nanakai Gardens, Ko Olina, Kahe Point, Nanakuli, Lualualei, Maili
- Romy Cachola 435 - 30 Sand Island, Mokauea, Kapalama, Kalihi Kai
- Mele Carroll - 405 - 13 Haiku, Hana, Kaupo, Kipahulu, Nahiku, Paia, Kahoolawe, Molokini, Lanai, Moloka'i, Molokini
- Ty Cullen - 316 - 39 Royal Kunia, Village Park, Waipahu, Makakilo, West Loch
- Richard Fale - 319 - 47 Waialua, Haleiwa, Pupukea, Kahuku, Laie, Hauula, Waiahole, Sunset Beach, Punaluu, Kaaawa
- Beth Fukumoto - 333 - 36 Mililani Mauka, Mililani
- Sharon Har 438 - 42 Kapolei, Makakilo
- Ken Ito - 432 - 49 Kaneohe, Maunawili, Olomana
- Aaron Ling Johanson - 427 - 31 Moanalua, Red Hill, Foster Village, Aiea, Fort Shafter, Moanalua Gardens, Aliamanu,Jo Jordan - 323- 44 Waianae, Makaha, Makua, Maili
- Lauen Matsumoto - 303 - 45 Schofield, Mokuleia, Waialua, Kunia, Waipio Acres, MililaniBob McDermott - 330 - 40 Ewa, Ewa Beach, Ewa Gentry, Iroquois Point
- Marcus Oshiro - 424 - 46 Wahiawa, Whitmore Village
- James Tokioka - 322 - 15 Wailua Homesteads, Hanamaulu, Lihue, Puhi, Old Koloa Town, Omao
- Clift Tsuji - 402 - 2 Keaukaha, parts of Hilo, Panaewa, Waiakea
- Gene Ward - 318 - 17 Hawaii Kai, Kalama Valley
- Justin Woodson - 305 - 9 Kahului, Puunene, Old Sand Hills, Maui, Lanai
- Ryan Yamane - 420 - 37 Mililani, Waipio Gentry, Waikele
If you're in a thanksgiving mood that just can't quit, there are a few others we know would be touched to hear gratitude from the Church...
Office of the House Clerk, ROOM 027
Office of the Senate Clerk, ROOM 010
(the folks who had to deal with receiving our testimony, assigning numbers and fixing mistakes)
House Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Kuroda, ROOM 017
(in charge of keeping order in the auditorium and then in the rotunda.)
AND HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING YOURSELF.
ALOHA IN CHRIST!