Hawai‘i Health Connector Launches New Phase of Enrollment Drive with Strategic Print and Radio Ads
News Release from Hawaii Health Connector February 3, 2014
HONOLULU, HI – The Hawai‘i Health Connector today implemented a new phase of its statewide enrollment drive in preparation for the March 31 open enrollment deadline. New advertisements, online tools and events have been designed to encourage uninsured residents to set appointments with our team of Kōkua, a statewide network of community partners.
The communications and enrollment events are targeted at individuals who are likely to benefit from the Connector. This represents a shift in approach from the Connector’s initial broad-based advertising campaigns.
“We’re taking a more strategic, cost-efficient approach in the way we reach prospective customers,” said Tom Matsuda, the Connector’s interim executive director. “Providing personalized one-to-one assistance is one of our greatest strengths, and we’re encouraging individuals and families to make appointments directly with Kōkua.”
Included in the new print and radio advertisements are web addresses for island-specific homepages. Each page contains contact information for Program Specialists and community partners.
The county landing pages are:
Making sure you are enrolled in a health plan is our priority. For your convenience, our Customer Support Center can also help you over the phone. Give us a call at 877-628-5076 or set up an appointment, and we will be happy to assist you with your health insurance needs.
The Connector’s upcoming #EnrollHI events include:
- February 4 at 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. University of Hawai‘i-Mānoa
- February 5 at 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. UH West O‘ahu
- February 8 at 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Kam Swap Meet
- February 8 at 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. Grow Organic, Kualoa Ranch
- February 9 at 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Aloha Stadium Swap Meet
- February 5 at 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hāna Community Center
- February 5 at 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Maui Business Resource Center
- February 6 at 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Maui Business Resource Center
- February 6 at 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Nahiku Marketplace
- February 10 at 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Hāna Community Center
- February 6 at 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. Grace Episcopal Church
- February 7 at 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Home Pumehana, Kaunakakai
The #EnrollHI hashtag can be used online to track the enrollment drive, and share the message of getting health care coverage with friends and family.
# # #
About the Hawai‘i Health Connector
The Hawai‘i Health Connector is the online health insurance marketplace for Hawai‘i. The Connector was established as a non-profit organization in 2011 by the Hawai‘i State Legislature through Act 205, in order to comply with the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010. The Connector’s aim is an online marketplace that is of Hawai‘i-for-Hawai‘i, one that takes into account the State’s unique culture and works with the Prepaid Health Care Act, an employer mandate for health insurance coverage in effect since 1974. For more information, visit www.HawaiiHealthConnector.com.
Background: Hawaii: The Laughing Stock of Obamacare