Say NO on SB 2521 ~ Do Not increase Food costs for Hawaii ~
Tell our State Legislators to NOT hear Senate Bill 2521. Oppose SB 2521 as it's a Food labeling bill that Supports Food In-Equality and increases Hawaii's Food costs by an estimated $800 per year! It hurts our local farmers...
From Hawaii Ranchers and Farmers United
Local people, local families,...Will be the losers if Bill 2521 is passed. Fewer choices and more expensive food are not the solutions for families struggling with food insecurity.
- Did you know that 14% of Hawaii households receive food assistance from the Hawaii Food bank system.
- Hawaii residents face increased risks of food insecurity, 76% of households report some form of food insecurity during each year, that is NOT acceptable.
- 1 in 7 people receive Food Stamp assistance in Hawaii; What happens if we increase food costs by $800 per year, Can you afford the increase?
- The Hawaii Papaya is a whole food, a super food that is a affordable, safe, nutritious fruit for our local community and its an exportable crop that sustains our local families and returns dollars to our economy. Why should their fruit at farmers markets be labled yet if sold "ready to eat" the same fruit would not be labeled.
- Let's Support Food Equality in Hawaii... A Federal labeling solution is needed to stop confusion; this will provide a consistent framework and avoid increased Food costs for everyone.
- Foods and food crops produced using biotechnology are among the most reviewed, studied, scrutinized and regulated products in the world.
- Why would we pay more for food labeled in stores? Yet Exempt the exact same food sold "Ready to eat"?
- This is not a Food Safety issue, this bill and other's like it are scare tactics to force consumers into buying alternative foods and costing us up to 50% more...Just say No...
JOIN OTHERS TODAY IN SUPPORTING HAWAII'S FARMERS AND AFFORDABLE FOOD FOR ALL!
LINK >>> Sign Letter Here