Connector Updates for April 26, 2014
News Release from Hawaii Health Connector
Total for the period of Apr. 20, 2014 through Apr. 26, 2014
- 4,689 Unique Visitors to HawaiiHealthConnector.com
- 2,958 Calls received by our Customer Support Center
Total since October 1, 2013
- 31,310 Applications completed in the Individual Marketplace
- 8,742 Individuals and families enrolled in the Individual Marketplace
- 576 Employers applied to SHOP Marketplace
- 628 Employees and dependents enrolled via SHOP Marketplace
- 31 Community Partners statewide
- 95 Certified Kōkua or In-Person Assisters
- 33 Certified Kōkua or Certified Application Counselors (CACs)
- 272,288 Unique Visitors to HawaiiHealthConnector.com
- 104,021 Calls received by our Customer Support Center
* * * * *
8,592 Hawaiians Enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace
32,209 additional Medicaid/CHIP enrollments
News Release from US Department of Health and Human Services May 1, 2014
Nationwide, enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace surged to eight million at the end of the first enrollment period, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today. In Hawaii alone, 8,592 individuals selected a Marketplace plan. The final enrollment reporting period spans from October 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014, and includes “in line” and other enrollment activity (such as people enrolling due to a change in life circumstance) reported through Saturday, April 19, 2014.
PDF: HHS Hawaii State Profile
HHS also announced today that an additional 32,209 Hawaiians enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP through the end of March 2014, compared to enrollment before the Marketplace opened last October. Hawaii has decided to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
“More than 8,592 Hawaiians signed up through the Marketplace, demonstrating brisk demand for quality, affordable coverage,” said HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. “Together we are ensuring that health coverage is more accessible than ever before, which is important for families, for businesses and for Hawaii’s health and wellbeing.”
Key findings from today’s report include:
--8,592 Hawaiians selected Marketplace plans from October 1, 2013, through March 31, 2014, (including additional Special Enrollment Period activity through April 19th).
--Of the 8,592 Hawaiians who selected a plan:
- 50% are female and 50% are male;
- 33% are under age 35;
- 20% are between the ages of 18 and 34;
- 26% selected a Silver plan, while 41% selected a Bronze plan; and,
- 38% selected a plan with financial assistance.
Today’s report measures enrollment as those who selected a plan. (How many select a plan and then not pay premiums.) In some states, only partial datasets were available.
To read the full Marketplace Enrollment report visit: LINK
To read the Medicaid Enrollment report visit: LINK
# # #
PBN: Hawaii Health Connector's enrollment count nears 9,000 on day of deadline to sign up