Upcoming CLE: Hawaii's Shoreline and Coastal Law and Regulation
by Robert Thomas, InverseCondemnation, July 15, 2014
There's still time to register and attend the upcoming seminar,"Hawaii's Shoreline and Coastal Law and Regulation." It's scheduled for Friday, July 18, 2014, in downtown Honolulu at the YWCA. Here's the description:
This program will cover recent Hawaii case law, including the recent Hawaii Supreme Court decision regarding identifying the certified shoreline. Now, more than ever, with the realization that we need to plan for the impacts caused by our changing climate, existing regulations and policies will need to change.
Join Program Chair Jesse K. Souki, First Deputy of the State of Hawaii's Department of Land and Natural Resources. He leads an outstanding faculty for these topics:
- Natural and Anthropogenic Shoreline Change in Hawaii and Field Methods for Locating the Certified Shoreline
- Land Use Laws Affecting Coastal Development in Hawaii
- Recent Hawaii Case Law
- The Changing Face of Public Policy: Legislative Issues and Dilemmas
- Understanding the Regulatory Framework of Coastal Areas
- Project Permitting on the Coast
- Hawaii Shoreline Programs
- Ethical Considerations
View the agenda, faculty, and pricing or register now.