The following memo has been sent to all Hawaii Civil Air Patrol Members in the wake of controversy over organizational shakeups:
DATE: March 15, 2015
MEMORANDUM FOR: All Hawaii Wing Members- Active and Reserve
SUBJECT: Media Releases and Inquiries
FROM: Hawaii Wing Commander
1. Civil Air Patrol Regulation 190-1, Civil Air Patrol Public Affairs Program, 17 May 2013, para 7b(7), External Information, states:
"All PA communications (news releases, public websites, articles, newsletters, photos and the like) will be approved by the commander and written in AP Style (as detailed in The Associated Press Stylebook). Official CAP correspondence will be written in accordance with the guidelines in CAPR 1 0-1."
2. To remain in compliance with this regulation, all information about the CAP going to the media will be sent to the Wing Director of Public Affairs prior to release for approval. All media inquiries will be directed to the Wing Director of Public Affairs. This does not apply to squadron commanders and unit Public Affairs Officers acting in the normal course of their duties.
3. Media related events, such as mission PIO briefings and open houses will be approved by the Wing Director of Public Affairs prior to the event.
4. The position of Wing Director of Public Affairs is currently vacant. All of the above will be directed to the Hawaii Wing Chief of Staff- Academics and Support until the position of Wing Director of Public Affairs is filled.
5. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in disciplinary action.
JEFFREY M. WONG
Hawaii Wing Commander
PDF: Original Letter
* * * * *
Kauai Garden Isle: