Mauna Kea Informational Session
- 630pm, Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Kealakehe H.S. Cafeteria – North Kona
I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Doug Simons - Telescope Director
III. Tiffnie Kakalia - Kahu Ku Mauna Board Member
III. Andria Tupola - District 43 Representative
IV. Questions time permitting
- Mauna Kea Science Reserve Master Plan--The master plan provides policy for how UH is to manage its lands on Maunakea.
- Mauna Kea Comprehensive Plan--This document provides a management framework for UH to address measures to protect the cultural, natural, and scientific resources on UH managed areas on Maunakea. To help you understand the cultural aspect and significance of Mauna Kea read: Preface-Cultural Anchor, Chapter 1: Cultural Orientation, Chapter 5: Cultural and Natural Resources
- Mauna Kea Management Board--This site provides information about the management board and its members.
- Kahu Ku Mauna--This site provides information about Kahu Ku Mauna and lists the names of its members.
- Audits: 1998, 2005, 2014
- Timeline of Astronomy Development