2016 Legislative Session Right Around the Corner
From Hawaii Family Forum
Aloha January 10, 2016
We are only twelve days away from the opening of the Hawaii State Legislature. As always, we promise to keep you informed of the issues facing the people of Hawai'i and how you can participate in the legislative process. Never before have biblical principles come under such heavy attack in the public square. Ironically, many Christians who have the greatest passion for the issues of life, marriage and family, and religious liberty have chosen to opt out of the political process, leaving the debate over our nation’s values to those who reject biblical truths.
In the absence of a societal consensus on the difference between right and wrong, and as the moral fabric of our society unravels, it is imperative for Christians to recommit to prayerful, informed, and active involvement in the political process.
Here are some things you can do to prepare for the opening of the session:
- Pray for those in positions of authority. Even though session is not open, many lobbyists are already at the capitol asking legislators to introduce bills. This is the time for us to ask the Lord to provide wisdom and understanding to our State Legislators. (1 Timothy 2:2)
- Check out the calendar of events for the session. Register to submit testimony online if you have not done so already. Preparing for battle is the first order of business. (Ephesians 6:13)
- Take some time to reconnect (or connect) with your own legislator. Session opens on January 20, 2016 so if you can, head down to the capitol for a friendly visit. This visit is to BLESS your legislator. There is no agenda other than to tell them that you live in their district and are praying for them. Save the lobbying for later. Remember the scripture, "and they'll know we are Christians by our love." (John 13:35)
- Finally, put these important dates on your calendar for January.
- Opening of the State Legislature (Wednesday, January 20, 2016)
- Annual March for Life and Prayer Vigil (Friday, January 22, 2016) at the Hawaii State Capitol. Click here for more information.
Mahalo for your continued support of our ministries. Don't forget to visit our websites and stay connected with us on social ministry.
LINK >>> Hawaii March for Life 2016