DHHL 2017 LEGISLATIVE “TALK-STORY” SESSIONS:
Message to Beneficiaries from DHHL
The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands is partnering with homestead associations and beneficiary organizations to prepare for the upcoming legislative session. For more information about DHHL’s sufficient sums budget request and the Executive Biennium budget, DHHL’s legislative proposals, and other issues of interest for the upcoming legislative session please attend any of the following workshops:
– Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. at Kulana Oiwi – DHHL/OHA Conference Rm., Kalama’ula, Molokai, Molokai, HI 96748
– Monday, January 9, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Ka Waihona O Ka Na’auao Public Charter School, 89-195 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
– Monday, January 23, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary School Cafetorium, 615 Auwaiolimu St, Honolulu, HI 96813
– Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at DHHL Hale Pono’i, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, HI 96707
– Monday, January 30, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association Community Center, 41-253 Ilauhole Street, Waimanalo, HI 96795
If you are interested in a workshop for your community, please feel free to contact Lehua Kinilau-Cano, HHL Legislative Analyst at Nicole.L.Kinilau-Cano@hawaii.gov or (808) 620-9486.
Given the fast pace of the legislative session, updates will be posted at DHHL’s website at www.dhhl.hawaii.gov/or via social media. Additionally, webinars or conference calls twice a month during the legislative session are being planned to begin in late January or early February.