THERE'S NO ALOHA IN SUICIDE!
TIME TO TELL THE HOUSE HEALTH COMMITTEE THAT THESAFETY AND WELFARE OF HAWAII'S CITIZENS ARE AT STAKE
From Hawaii Family Forum March 20, 2017
The House Health Committee has scheduled the assisted suicide bill for hearing and we need your help. Now is the time to submit your testimony in opposition to SB1129 SD2. The bill, if passed, would allow a doctor to prescribe a lethal dose of barbiturates to his/her patients with the intent to end their life. Is this really what we want for Hawaii?
Don't let the term "aid in dying" mislead you. We aren't trying to tell people what to do, we are simply uniting to speak for the vulnerable, the elderly, the sick and dying, who may be subjected to abuse and coercion should this bill pass. For every one person who screams choice, there are others that will have no choice. It is for them that we must hold this bill back and defeat it.
As people of faith, we do what is best for the community, and not for the individual. We are about "us", not "me."
NOTICE OF HEARING
- DATE: Thursday, March 23, 2017
- TIME: 8:30 a.m.
- PLACE: Conference Room 329
A G E N D A
SB1129 SD2 establishes a medical aid in dying act that establishes a regulatory process under which an adult resident of the State with a medically confirmed terminal disease may obtain a prescription for medication to be self-administered to end the patient's life. (SD2)
Finally, we ask that you consider coming down to the capitol to stand in unity.
- Pray for our legislators as they debate this issue. Also pray for those who may contemplating end of life choices.
- Submit testimony via email. By clicking this link, you will open your own email browser and you can simply ask the committee to vote NO ON SB 1129 SD2. Make sure you simply state your reason for opposition. In the subject line, clearly state "please oppose SB 1129 SD2". It is important that you identify yourself so the committee knows that you are a real person. This will only take a moment. Please click this link to do so. Persons wishing to offer comments should submit testimony at least 24 hours prior to the hearing. Testimony should indicate: Testifier's name with position/title and organization; The Committee(s) to which the comments are directed; The date and time of the hearing; and Measure number. Submit testimony in ONE of the following ways:
PAPER: 15 copies (including an original) to Room 403 in the State Capitol;
FAX: For testimony less than 5 pages in length, transmit to 808-586-6311 (Oahu) or 1-800-535-3859 (for Neighbor Islands); or
WEB: For testimony less than 10MB in size, transmit from this link.
- If you are registered at register here, you can submit your testimony online by clicking here. They have had some trouble with the online submittal tool, so if you run into any trouble, then use action step 1 above and simply send your testimony via email.
- Call these four members of the House Health and ask them to vote no on SB 1129 SD1.
Representative Della Au Belatti at 808-586-9425 (Makiki, Tantalus, Papakolea, McCully, Pawaa and Manoa)
Representative Bert Kobayashi at 808-586-6310 (Waialae, Kahala, Diamond Head, Kaimuki, and Kapahulu)
Representative Dee Morikawa at 808-586-6280 (Niihau, Lehua, Koloa and Waimea)
Representative Chris Todd at 808-586-8480 (Keaukaha, parts of Hilo, Panaewa and Waiakea)
- Call these three members of the House Health and thank them for their continued opposition to SB 1129 SD1.
Representative Sharo Har at 808-586-8500 (Kapolei and Makakilo)
Representative Marcus Oshiro at 586-6700 (Wahiawa and Whitmore Village)
Representative Andria Tupola at 586-8465 (Ewa Villages, Kalaeloa, Honokai Hale, Nanakai Gardens, Ko Olina, Kahe Point, Nanakuli, Lualualei and Maili)
Click the link below to log in and send your message: