"GIVE OHA A PIECE OF YOUR MIND"
From FreeHawaii.Blogspot.com, May 15, 2019
It Might Seem Strange But OHA’s Asking Your Opinion.
Do They Really Care What It Is?
Well, Now’s Your Chance To Let Them Know.
Watch This To Discover How To Be Heard Loud & Clear.
Then Share This Video Today With Your Family & Everyone You Know.
* * * * *
OHA seeks community input to develop its new strategic plan
News Release from OHA, May 13, 2019
HONOLULU (May 13, 2019) – OHA is seeking the community’s manaʻo for the development of the agency’s new strategic plan, through an online survey as well as a series of statewide meetings beginning later this month.
“Forty years ago, OHA was created with the premise that Native Hawaiians know best how Native Hawaiian resources should be used to serve Native Hawaiians,” said OHA Chair Colette Machado. “Our Strategic Plan is critical to determining where these resources are expended to improve the lives of our beneficiaries. We are asking our community to participate in this process to help shape OHA’s contribution to a thriving and robust lāhui in the years to come.”
In July 2018, OHA began the process to develop its Strategic Plan for 2020 and beyond. The OHA Board has already completed Phase 1 and Phase 2 of this process.
In Phase 1, the Board re-affirmed its commitment to OHA’s vision and mission.
In Phase 2, the Board identified its strategic framework, recognizing the foundation of Native Hawaiian communities as
- ʻĀina (land and water),
- Mo‘omeheu (culture), and
- ʻOhana (family).
Trustees also identified the following strategic directions:
- educational pathways,
- economic stability,
- quality housing, and
- health outcomes.
Phase 3 of this process seeks community input on what the agency should focus on within the strategic framework and directions identified in Phase 2.
OHA has setup a website (www.oha.org/priorities) to provide information about the process. In addition, the public may provide input via an online survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OHACommunityInput.
Finally, OHA will host eight community meetings across the state to inform the public about the planning process and to hear from our beneficiaries.
OHA’s Strategic Plan Community Meeting Schedule:
- May 20, Maui, Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku, HI 96793
- May 22, Hilo, Hawaiʻi Island, UH Hilo Hale ʻŌlelo, 113 Nowelo St., Hilo, HI 96720
- May 23, Waiʻanae, Oʻahu, Location TBD, check www.oha.org/priorities for updates
- May 24, Waimānalo, Oʻahu, Location TBD, check www.oha.org/priorities for updates
- May 28, Lānaʻi, Lānaʻi Community Center, Eighth St. and Lānaʻi Ave., Lānaʻi City, HI 96763
- June 3, Kona, Hawaiʻi Island, West Hawaiʻi Civic Center, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy., Kailua, HI 96740
- June 5, Kauaʻi, Kauaʻi Community College, OCET Classroom, 3-1901 Kaumualiʻi Hwy., Līhuʻe, HI 96766
- June 6, Molokaʻi, Kūlana ʻŌiwi, Mauna Loa Hwy., Kaunakakai, HI 96748
All meetings are scheduled to start at 5:30 p.m. and end by 7:30 p.m. Those interested in attending the public community meetings are asked to RSVP with OHA’s facilitator, DTL Hawaiʻi, at email@example.com.
For more information on OHA’s strategic planning process, visit: www.oha.org/priorities.
KITV: OHA developing new plan to determine how financial grants awarded