DJOU TO “ADOPT-A-SCHOOL” ON SUNDAY
Will partner with Honolulu Chinese Jaycees at Mililani Waena elementary
Honolulu, HI — Congressman Charles K. Djou (HI-01) will be “adopting” Mililani Waena Elementary as a part of the Hawaii Jaycees’ “Adopt-A-School-Day” project, a statewide grassroots effort to establish an annual day of awareness and service to Hawaii schools.
- WHO: Congressman Charles Djou and Honolulu Chinese Jaycees
- WHAT: Adopt-A-School Day at Mililani Waena Elementary School
- WHEN: Sunday, October 10, 2010, beginning at 9:00 AM
- WHERE: Mililani Waena Elementary School [map]
HAWAII ADOPT-A-SCHOOL DAY ALMOST HERE!
AASD Co-Chairs & Congressman Charles Djou available for joint appearances to talk about ‘Adopt-A-School Day’ & Helping Our Local Communities during the week of October 4th
Sunday, October 10th, Hawaii ‘Adopt-A-School Day’ is almost upon us! On that day 70 Local Groups, Organizations, Sports Teams, Businesses & Church Groups will be heading out to their chosen school and giving back in a wide variety of ways, including:
- A recycling project at Moanalua High School by Hawaiian Dredging
- A full day workshop on job skills for ELL (English Language Learners) students by the Honolulu Filipino Jaycees
- Maintenance work & beautification of Molokai Elementary by Meeting Professionals Int’l (Maui)
- The complete list of schools and participants can be seen here: http://adoptaschoolday.org/calendar/2010projects
MORE SCHOOLS SERVED BY MORE PARTICIPANTS THIS YEAR!
This effort has once again extended its reach to serve schools in every county in Hawaii as well as covering every category of institution – Public, Private & Charter. In addition, it’s grown from 12 Groups in the 1st year to 40 last year and now we’ve continued that climb to a new high of 70 Participants serving Hawaii schools!
The Hawaii Jaycees’ AASD Representatives and Congressman Charles Djou, an Adopt-A-School Day participant himself, are available for interviews and appearances together during the week of October 4th to talk about the project and its impact on our institutions, our communities and our keiki.
What is School Adoption All About?
On Adopt-A-School Day, Sunday, October 10th, the Hawaii Jaycees and our participating groups will go out to their respective adopted schools and put in a day’s work to serve the needs of that institution. This has taken on new importance in a time when our institutions are truly in need. School adoption takes many forms and has included such great work as:
- Career Counseling & Workshops
- Planting of flowers & trees and other landscaping projects
- Delivery of school supplies collected
- Long overdue painting of school buildings, playgrounds and parking lots
Learn more about Adopt-A-School Day on our website, www.AdoptASchoolDay.org