John Lott: Why Obama's Economic Policies Have Increased Unemployment
John Lott is an American academic and conservative commentator. He has written several books: More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, The Bias Against Guns: Why Almost Everything You've Heard About Gun Control Is Wrong, and Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works and Other Half-Baked Theories Don't.
John has held research positions at University of Chicago, Yale University, The Wharton School and the University of Pennsylvania, University of Maryland, College Park and American Enterprise Institute.
He has a Ph.D. in economics from UCLA and has done research in econometrics, law and economics, public choice theory, industrial organization, public finance, microeconomics, labor economics, and environmental regulation.
UPDATE Three events are scheduled:
- WHERE: William S. Richardson School of Law - CR 1, 2515 Dole St. Honolulu, HI
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 15th 12:45-1:45pm
- RSVP: on Hawaii Federalist Society's facebook page
- Where: The Plaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, HI
- When: Tuesday, February 15th 6:30-9:30pm
- Cost: $65/General Admission $35/ Students Includes Plated 3-course dinner
- Attire: Formal
- RSVP: email or call Christopher Baker at email@example.com or 808-722-6847
- Time: Wednesday, February 16 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Location: Oahu Veterans Center, 1298 Kukila Street, Honolulu, HI
- Admission: $20/person
- RSVP: to Sirius Event Planning, 808-285-8591 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 14, 2011, 3:00 p.m.
- Light meal and refreshments will be available. Event is sponsored by: Hawaii Public Policy Forum members, Aloha 4 All, Small Business Hawaii Foundation, Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, and Hawaii Reporter.