Rep. Ching announces Hawaii Cacao Festival at Haleiwa January 29, 2012
News Release from office of Rep Corrine Ching
Cacao Fest is upon us! It is time so partake in celebration of the cacao pod and all things chocolate that come thereafter. We hope to see you Sunday in Haleiwa for your 3rd Annual Cacao Festival... bring your appetites!
Here are some of our vendor offerings for this Sunday's Cacao Fest:
- Baker Dudes are baking up Chocolate Croissants hot out of the oven!
- Lyndi from Divine Delights indulges us with Raw Cacao Brownies and Raw Chocolate Pudding with a nut crust!
- Happy's Cafe is delighting us again with her Chocolate Salad Dressing!
- If you are thirsty Haloa Farms will quench your thirst with Cacao Smoothies!
- Hawaiian Cheesecake will be bringing extra Waialua Chocolate Cheesecakes sold by the cupcake or the whole pie...yum!
- Taro Delight's ooey gooey Chocolate Taro Espresso Brownie is rich and so, so decadent, a must!
- Onopops, for the kid at heart, will cool you down with a dark Chocolate 5 Spice, Mexican Chocolate, Chocolate Apple Banana and Kula Strawberry dipped in Waialua Estate Chocolate pops!
- Da Kine Kettlecorn is popping up Cacao-covered Kettlecorn with brown sugar!
- Enjoy a sweet Romeo & Juliet Crepe with Chocolate, strawberries and whipped cream from Le Crepe Café!
- Devour Fresh From Haleiwa's Mole' Chicken Wings!
- And when you are done, It's Soap will wash you clean with Chocolate Soap!
And that is just a small sampling of the offerings this Sunday. January 29, 2012
Lots of exciting things to do once you've eaten you way through the Fest... like take a tour to the Waialua Estate Cacao Orchards! (sign up for 9:30, 10:30 or 11:30 shuttle, only $5!) Or Meet Patricia Bragg as she talks about the Braggs Healthy Lifestyle at 10 & 11! And be sure to watch the Madre Chocolate Demo on their Bean to Bar Chocolate Making Process! (9, 10, 11, 12) Meet Melanie Boudar, creator of Sweet Paradise Chocolate and take home some beauties for your sweetie! Talk to the growers and chocolate makers on the cutting edge of Hawaii's cacao industry! And be sure to taste the samplings of Ben Tabious, Executive Pastry Chef at Turtle Bay Resort!
We will see you this weekend at Ala Moana Farmers' Market (Saturday 8-12), Hawaii Kai Farmers' Market (Saturday 9-1) and Haleiwa Farmers' Market (Sunday 9-1)!