Dear Honorable Mayor Carlisle: August 23, 2012
It’s costing money to change the maps at every bus station of routes. What is the cost being expended to change bus routes, maps and every bus stop map?
Please apprise my office of the following:
1) What is the cost of redesigning The Bus information pamphlets?
2) How many pamphlets are currently in circulation?
3) What is the printing cost of each bus pamphlet once it has been redesigned?
4) How many newly printed route schedules and pamphlets will we need?
5) Are there any additional costs incurred in the distribution of new route information?
6) If bus stop signage needs to be changed, what is the cost of the materials that will need to be re-issued?
7) Is there additional signage that would need to be/has been modified to reflect new routes?
8) How much in total does it cost the City & County of Honolulu to implement these bus cuts?
9) How much has already been spent to inform the public of bus route changes and cuts, including printed material?
If The Bus is changing all the routes and times, that means changing the maps. So the question becomes, how much does that cost and is there really a savings? Graphic artists, printers, designers, are all a huge cost, city wide, and island wide, all of those changes have a price.
Councilman Tom Berg
CC: Chair Ernie Martin, Wayne Yoshioka