Message from HSTA to Membership April 17, 2013
TODAY IS THE DAY - PLEASE VOTE!!!
Teachers, you've written emails, sent faxes, and made phone calls. You've taken to the streets, and you've made untold sacrifices to STAND UP FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUR KEIKI. Because of your efforts, a fair and equitable tentative agreement has been achieved. Mahalo for proving the power of collection action.
NOW IT IS TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD AT THE POLLS
(For a complete listing of polling sites, go to: LINK)
Bring your picture ID. Polls will be open until 6 PM.
Thank you for taking the time to review the tentative agreement and to attend information meetings to hear about the TA highlights and to ask your questions. Documents are also available for review through your faculty representative and on your HSTA Web site under the LATEST NEWS FOR MEMBERS SECTION.
VOTING is scheduled for Wednesday, April 17, 2013
1. All schools are assigned to specific polling sites.
2. All **poll sites will be open from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
3. All members must vote at their designated polling site.
4. When you arrive at your site, please sign in at the registration table.
5. Don’t forget to bring a picture I.D. (Department of Education I.D., driver’s license, etc.) to obtain a ballot.
**Poll Site Updates:
1. King Intermediate voting is scheduled for the GYM. If this is your polling location, see you in the gym. Mahalo.
2. Friendly Reminder for Radford Voters:
Radford High Cafeteria parking lot (Salt Lake Blvd. entrance) will not be available until 2:40 PM.
Limited additional parking is available at Makalapa Elementary (entrance on Salt Lake Blvd.)
“The Hawai'i State Teachers Association State Convention strongly supports the ratification of the 2013-2017 tentative agreement and will urge all Unit 5 members to vote in the affirmative on April 17, 2013.”
In unity, we show our strength.