Representative Kymberly Pine Hosts Hawaii Medical Center Closure Town Hall Meeting
News Release from Office of Rep Kym Pine
HONOLULU – Representative Kymberly Marcos Pine will host a town hall meeting about the after effects of the closure of the Hawaii Medical Center (HMC) on Thursday, February 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m., at Kapolei Middle School Dining Room/Cultural Center at 91-5335 Kapolei Parkway. The meeting will focus on what medical resources are available now that HMC closed and what the community can do to re-open a much needed hospital or emergency room in the area.
After the closure of the HMC in the West Oahu region, many people are wondering what their options are for medical care. Medical professionals and healthcare industry experts will be on hand to answer questions following the panel discussion.
"This is the most important issue in the Leeward Coast," says Rep. Pine. "The community needs to know what is being done to help them."
Some of the panelists are as follows:
- Dr. David Sakamoto, State Deputy Director for Health Resources Administration
- Dr. Melanie Kelly, Medical Director of Pearl City Urgent Care
- Dr. James Ireland, City EMS director
- Jen Chahanovich, chief operating officer for Pali Momi Medical Center
A Leeward job fair is also planned in March to include healthcare opportunities and assistance to the people who were laid off from the HMC hospital closures.
For more information, call 586-9730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HMC CLOSURE TOWN HALL AGENDA
HONOLULU – For a PDF copy of the detailed agenda for tonight's town hall, please click here or see below.
REPRESENTATIVE KYMBERLY PINE
- Introduction of panel and guests
- Veterans Affairs: Craig Oswald, VIPHCS Facilities Planning Manager
- Veterans Affairs: Patricia Matthews, Public Affairs Officer Pacific Islands Healthcare Systems
PANEL PRESENTATIONS (5 minutes each)
- State Department of Health: Dr. David Sakamoto, Deputy Director for Health Resources
- City and County of Honolulu Department of Emergency Management: Dr. James Ireland, Director
- Pearl City Urgent Care, Dr. Melanie Kelly, Medical Director
- Pali Momi Medical Center: Jen Chahanovich, Chief Operating Officer
- Pacific Regional Command and Tripler Army Medical Center: Navy Capt. Jose Acosta, Deputy Commander for Clinical Services
- Hawaii Medical Association: Scott McCaffrey, Secretary for Honolulu County Medical Society
- Wahiawa General Hospital: R. Don Olden, CEO
RESIDENT FEEDBACK / QUESTIONS
CLOSING - Please take the handout of Medical Resources
Rep. Kymberly Pine (District 43 – Ewa Beach, Iroquois Point, Puuloa) is the Republican floor leader in the state House.