Octopus Holdings, 2% Owned by Tentacle Corporation
FULL TEXT: 53 page Application for PUC Approval of Sale of Public Utility Assets
From pg 11: “Octopus Holdings, L.P. is a limited partnership organized and existing under the laws of the State of California. The ownership structure of Octopus Holdings, L.P. is as follows: ninety eight percent (98%) of the partnership interest is owned by the Lawrence J. Ellison Revocable Trust and the remaining two percent (2%) is owned by Tentacle Corporation. Tentacle Corporation is a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of California, and is one hundred percent (100%) owned by the Lawrence J. Ellison Revocable Trust.”
FULL TEXT: 27 page Stipulation for Protective Order
* * * * *
LOL: Castle and Cooke Trying to Bypass 20 Day Public Review Process
News Release from Life of the Land June 20, 2012
On June 19, 2012 Castle & Cooke filed an application with the Public Utilities Commission to transfer owner of utilities from David H. Murdock to Lawrence J. Ellison. (PUC Docket 2012-0157)
Although the public has 20 days to file a Motion to Intervene, Castle & Cooke has proposed that the PUC issue its preliminary approval by June 26.
Once more Castle & Cooke has proven is disrespect for laws. We live in a democracy. Castle & Cooke should not be permitted to bypass the public review process.
"David H. Murdock ("Murdock") ... has signed an agreement with Lawrence J. Ellison ("Ellison"), ...to purchase ...Lanai ...CCI's interest in La Ola Solar Farm that sells power to Maui Electric Company, Limited, ...and the regulated utilities (Manele Water, Lanai Transportation, and Lanai Water) ...the Parties are respectfully proposing a solution that will respect the Commission's process and procedural protections by seeking interim approval by June 26, 2012"
* * * * *
Governor Statement on Lana'i Sale
News Release from www.Hawaii.gov/gov June 20, 2012
HONOLULU –Landowner Castle & Cooke has filed a transfer application with the Public Utilities Commission. Castle & Cooke owns 98 percent of the island’s 141 square miles. The buyer is Lawrence Ellison, co-founder and chief executive officer of Oracle Corporation.
Governor Neil Abercrombie today released the following statement:
“It is my understanding that Mr. Ellison has had a long standing interest in Lana'i. His passion for nature, particularly the ocean is well known specifically in the realm of America’s Cup sailing. He is also a businessman whose record of community involvement in medical research and education causes is equally notable.
“We look forward to welcoming Mr. Ellison in the near future.”
May 9, 2012: Lanai Could Be Liberated from Windfarm: Hawaii Land Sale Part of Dole Restructuring
CB: Socialist Senators Seek State Condemnation of Lanai Senate President Shan Tsutsui is said to be sending a letter to Gov. Neil Abercrombie asking him to halt the sale. They’re sick of Lanai being in a constant state of upheaval — and they want to state to condemn the land, or buy it. (So they can build a windfarm, natch!)
PR: Letter from Tsutsui
Currently, the State invests a great deal of money and resources in the island, including maintaining a public school, public library, state hospital, airport, roads, harbors and various state department offices to provide necessary services to Lanai residents and visitors.
Maui County also provides a myriad of services and support for the island and its residents.
However, Lanai residents are unable to purchase and develop lands that have been and may continue to be held in ownership by a single private individual or entity. The continued private ownership of Lanai may prove detrimental to the people of Lanai and the State, as a private owner is not subject to public, community or government input in making decisions that can and will affect such parties.
WSJ October 21, 2011: The Nation's Most Avid Trophy-Home Buyer? How the software billionaire has taken serial property buying to new extremes.
SA: Murdock will keep Residence on Lanai and keep rights to develop Windfarm
HR: Tax Lien: State Claims Billionaire's Company Owes $333,824 In Back Taxes