City Council will hear testimony on the Final Environmental Impact Statement for the rail project at its meeting this Wednesday. The FEIS can be found at http://honolulutransit.org/ . The Council agenda can be viewed http://www4.honolulu.gov/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-102733/071410%20Council%20Agenda.htm
Testimony will be accepted at the end of the Council calendar. The meeting is this Wednesday 7/14/2010 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at City Council Chambers in Honolulu Hale (530 South King Street.) As this is the last item on the agenda, Council will probably not hear testimony until after 2:00 p.m.
Persons wishing to testify on items listed on the morning calendar are requested to register by 10 a.m. in the interest of time management as follows:
- a. use the On‑Line City Council Speaker Registration form available at http://www.honolulu.gov/council/attnspkccl.htm;
- b. send a fax to 768-3826 indicating your desire to register to speak, along with your name, phone number and subject matter;
- c. fill out the registration form in person; or
- d. call 768-3813.
On-line and fax registration forms must be received by 10 a.m. to be included in the list of registered speakers. Persons who have not registered to testify by 10 a.m. will be given an opportunity to present oral testimony on an item following the registered speakers by raising their hand at the time additional speakers are called upon.
Each speaker shall not have anyone else read their statement and is limited to:
- a. three-minute presentation on New Business and Sunshined items;
- b. one-minute presentation on all other items.
If you wish to submit written testimony:
By submitting written testimony, you are not automatically registered to speak. Refer to “SPEAKER REGISTRATION” procedures above.
If submitted, written testimonies, including the testifier’s address, e-mail address and phone number, may be posted by the City Clerk and available to the public on the City’s DocuShare Website.