It was announced today that the Maui Chamber of Commerce has endorsed former Mayor Alan Arakawa in his bid to become the next mayor of the County of Maui.
The Maui Chamber of Commerce conducts intensive interviews with candidates through its Chamber of Maui Political Action Committee (COMPAC) to determine if candidates are "business friendly". A minimum score is required in order to be considered for endorsement.
"It is an honor to have received this endorsement from the Maui Chamber of Commerce," said Arakawa.
"Helping to reinvigorate our local economy and getting our collective business community back on their feet is one of our main priorities. We must have a healthy and vibrant local economy in order to prosper. I value the hard work and efforts undertaken by the Maui Chamber of Commerce under the leadership of Executive Director Pamela Tumpap," Arakawa said.
Alan Arakawa has received the following endorsements:
- Maui Chamber of Commerce
- Maui County Council Member Jo Anne Johnson
- Maui County Council Member Sol Kahoohalahala
- Maui County Council Member Michael Molina
Former Mayoral Candidates:
- Marc Hodges
- Ori Kopelman
- Randy Piltz
Maui Trade Unions:
- Bricklayers & Allied Craftsmen Local #1 and Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ Local 630
- Hawaii Operating Engineers Industry Stabilization Fund
- Hawaii Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1186
- International Union of Elevator Constructors, Local 126
- Laborers’ International Union of North America Local 368
- Plumbers & Fitters UA, Local Union 675
- The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America, Local 745