iVOTE TO IMPROVE THE FUTURE OF HAWAII!
Get Out and Vote Hawaii! We have 8 days left till closing day of the 2010 General Election.
Remember, it’s our government, our kuleana (responsibility). Contrary to popular belief, government does NOT reflect the will of the people. Government reflects the will of the voters. Get out and vote your values.
Question: Examine your core values as you approach Election Day. Would your list include Health-Care? Economy? Education? As important as those issues are, think about what your core values should be as a follower of Jesus and how they apply to the laws of our state.
1. Life: Life is precious. Miraculous. Delicate. Created by a loving God who makes every human being unique (Ps.139:15-16). Life made in the image of God is a fundamental, God-given right. According to the Declaration of Independence, “All men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. Among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” Therefore, human life should be protected. Defended. Rescued.
Statistics: 1.3 million Abortions per year; 25% of all pregnancies end in Abortion. Scripture: Prov. 24:11.
Action Points: Find out where the candidates stand on the value of life. Ask what their position is on abortion, embryo destructive stem cell experimentation, cloning (SNT), and euthanasia.
2. Family: Family is essential. Basic. Necessary. The family is the basic building block of society, and the first institution created by God (Example: Gen. 1-2). As goes the family, so goes the nation. Unfortunately, the family as God intended it is an endangered species in America.
- Statistics: U.S. Census figures from 2000 show that the traditional family is in a statistical free-fall.
- Families consisting of a husband and wife in their first marriage with children dropped below 25% percent of all homes.
- Households with unmarried partners grew by 72%.9 In fact, cohabitation has increased by close to 1,000% over the last generation.
- A third of all babies were born to unmarried women, (33%) compared to only 3.8% in 1940.
Result: The deterioration of the family.
Action Points: Find out where the candidates stand on the issue of family. Christians ought to stand against any and all efforts to undermine and redefine marriage, which is the foundation for a healthy society.
3. Freedom: Freedom is priceless. Cherished. Fragile. Scripture: Gal. 5:1. Freedom must be nurtured, defended, and protected, which is the original intent of the First Amendment: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”
The Supreme Court has ignored the original intent of the Founding Fathers, trashed three centuries of America’s Judeo-Christian heritage, and turned a statement in one of Jefferson's private letters on its head in declaring a two-way “Wall of Separation” between church and state.
Result: All religious influences must be removed from public institutions. The Court outlawed public prayer in the schools in 1962, out went public Bible reading in 1963,and in 1980, down came the Ten Commandments from school house walls!
Action Points: Find out where the candidates stand on religious liberty issues. Find out if they are aligned with groups who seek to remove our freedoms. Find out which candidates are in favor of protecting our freedom of religion. Find out where the candidates stand on our First Amendment right to public religious expression.
In closing, we would like to challenge you to get 10 of your family members and friends to get out and vote!
Thank you very much for your prayers and support in the iVOTE movement.
Allen Cardines, Jr.