Local Rights Group Hosting acclaimed author: John R Lott Jr., “More Guns Less Crime”
News Release from Hawaii Concealed Carry
Honolulu, Hawaii – John R. Lott, Jr., author, activist, speaker and professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, will be in town speaking on the topics of gun control, public policy and other points of interest at a dinner hosted at The Plaza Club Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 starting at from 6:30 p.m.
John is an American senior research scientist at University of Maryland, College Park. He has previously held positions at other prestigious institutions such as, University of Chicago, Yale University, Wharton School, and University of Pennsylvania. John holds his Ph.D. in economics, which helped him sit as the Chief Economist for the United States Sentencing Commission. He is the source of many published articles, and is the publisher of the best-selling books: More Guns, Less Crime, Freedomnomics, and The Bias Against Guns.
Mr. Lott played key roles in research that was utilized in a landmark decision from the Supreme Court of the United States case, Heller v. District of Columbia, which struck down the district’s handgun ban as unconstitutional. John is also a frequently sought after spokesman for Fox News, where he is also a columnist.
Event Information: John R. Lott More Guns, Less Crime
- Presented by: Hawaii Concealed Carry (www.hawaiiccw.com) and the Hawaii Defense Foundation
- Tuesday, February 15th , 2011
- The Plaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall #2000, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Admission: $65 (General) $35 (Student)
- Discussion topics will be the Second Amendment, Public Policy and Gun Control laws and legislation.
- Proceeds will benefit the Hawaii Defense Foundation Litigation Fund
- RSVP @ 808 722 6847 or through e-mail Chris@Hawaiiccw.com
- Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181622765194054