March for Life rally marks 40 years of legal abortion in Hawaii
Honolulu, HI – Hawaii Right to Life is sponsoring the 38th annual March for Life Hawaii with co-sponsors Hawaii Family Forum and Hawaii Catholic Conference. The grassroots rally is open to the public and will be held Saturday, January 22 from 10:30am to 1:30pm at the Hawaii State Capitol grounds. The event is held each year on the anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton decisions, which legalized abortion throughout the United States.
Hawaii Right to Life Executive Director Janet Grace noted that Hawaii was among the first states to legalize abortion in 1970 and that the rally was established annually in the wake of the Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. She remarked, “March for Life will mark 38 years since the U.S. Supreme Court's tragic decision decriminalized abortion through all nine months of pregnancy for any and all reasons. The March was started by grassroots pro-life advocates to protest this affront to justice. We believe that abortion is among the most extreme forms of injustice in America today and that over 55 million lives have been lost in the United States since 1973. That is why it is important to remember these innocent children and bring respect and dignity to their lives."
The theme for March for Life 2011 is "Celebrating Life for Generations to Come." The family oriented event will offer a keiki fun fair with educational activities designed to share the sanctity of life message. Activities will also include a sign waving, music, hula, inspirational messages, and a walk through the Capitol district. For event details, visit HRTL Facebook page.
Hawaii CatholicTV will be live-streaming the Hawaii March for Life.
Hawaii Right to Life is a non-profit organization that advances respect for life for all people from conception to natural death. Founded in 1973, Hawaii Right to Life is the state affiliate of the National Right to Life Committee.
January 22, 2011, SATURDAY at the Hawaii State Capitol Grounds
- Pro-Life sign-waving & entertainment begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Keiki Fun Activities begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Program begins at 12:00 noon
- Emcees Tracy Bean and Dane Kealoha
- Keiki Fun Fair with activities and games for children of all ages including
storytelling, face painting and various educational booths
- Entertainment including live music by Red Redemption and hula by Raeceen
Woolford (Miss Hawaii 2009) and Kaheke Martinson
- Dynamic speakers including Pastor Derald Skinner of Calvary Chapel Pearl
Harbor; Rev. Marc Alexander of the Catholic Diocese; Gracie Cockett of General
Joshua; and Sharon McFadden from the Jacob Foundation.
- Special prize drawing giveaway by World Champion, Pipeline Masters Surfer
- Pro-Life wristbands will be available for presale. Contact email@example.com
to order. Bands are offered for donations of $5 or more.
- (Click here for PDF version of flyer)
- (Click here for 8 1/2 by 11 bulletin insert)
Sponsored by: Hawaii Right to Life | Hawaii Family Forum | Hawaii Catholic Conference
For more information: 808.585.8205 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.hrtl.org / http://hrtl.blogspot.com
* * * * *
MARCH FOR LIFE MONDAY Jan 24, 2011 - HILO
- WHEN: Monday, January 24, 2011 3-5:30pm
- WHERE: Kilauea & Aupuni (new courthouse)
- WHY: To pray for our nation in this 38th year of ROE V WADE
Sponsored by Hawaii Right To Life – Hilo