This is a list of members of the 2011 Apportionment Commission—and who they were appointed by. A ninth member will be named by the Supreme Court if the Commission members do not agree on one by at least a 6-2 margin within 30 days. The Commission will then have 150 days to re-draw the Legislative and Congressional districts.
For purposes of reality appreciation, we have added background info on the appointees--in parenthesis below.
From: Keira Kamiya
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 7:48 AM
To: All Senators
Cc: All Senate Office Managers
Subject: 2011 Reapportionment Commission
Below is the list of appointees to the 2011 Reapportionment Commission with corresponding appointing authorities, for your information. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Clarice Hashimoto- Speaker (Was Special Assist to Hannemann while married to rail contractor.)
- Harold S. Matsumoto- Speaker (Waihee's Dir of State Planning)
- Lorrie Lee Stone- President (Jeff Stone's Wife)
- Anthony Takitani- President (Trial Lawyer, works with Keith-Agaran)
- Dylan Nonaka- House Minority (GOP Exec Dir)
- Terry E. Thomason- House Minority (GOP Attorney)
- Elisabeth N. Moore- Senate Minority (GOP Activist)
- Cal Chipchase, IV- Senate Minority (GOP Attorney)
Chief of Staff
Office of Senate President Shan S. Tsutsui
MUST READ: 38.9%: Hawaii has most deviant Legislative Districts in Nation
Text: HRS25 Reapportionment
Text: Hawaii State Constitution Reapportionment Commission