Goliath is Desperate
Message to Supporters from Djou Campaign
Aloha, October 26, 2014
There’s a political machine in Hawaii; it’s the Goliath that has controlled Hawaii for 60 years. It thrives on power and benefits a select few at the expense of all of us. And, it’s one of the reasons that Hawaii has the highest cost of living in the nation (Forbes, 6/9/14).
With our race a virtual dead heat, the machine has become increasingly afraid and desperate. We’ve seen the “Democratic Coordinated Committee” throw up press release after press release maligning Charles, hoping one of their lies will stick. Our opponent, himself has taken to mischaracterizing Charles’ record, despite the fact that Charles has repeatedly told him that:
- He does not support cuts in Social Security benefits to seniors.
- Additional funding for schools was paid for by a cut in food stamps to our nation’s neediest individuals
Our opponent doesn’t care very much for the truth, as demonstrated by the multiple mailers he’s sent to homes across the state on his own dime and through mail he funded through the Democratic Party of Hawaii, mischaracterizing Charles’ record.
And, now he has a PAC that calls itself “Working Families for Hawaii”, a shadow group tied to HGEA (Civil Beat, 8/22/12), that is running $143,000 in television attack ads against Charles. Their tactic is fear and their goal is to plant a seed of doubt by mischaracterizing the facts.
We can’t let them get away with this. Charles is a good man running for the right reasons, who will do good things for Hawaii.
We can be the David to the machine’s Goliath, but we need your help. Please, it’s now or never:
- Vote now – there is walk-in voting at Honolulu Hale and Kapolei Hale from 8am-4pm
- Encourage your family and friends to vote for Charles now
- Send an Email to everyone in your contact list
- Post on Facebook or share one of our posts
- Call or Talk to those closest to you
- Volunteer your time to phone bank, sign wave or canvas your neighborhood by calling Jane at 841-1888 (Jane@Djou.com)
- Donate - We know we’ve asked before, but Senators Schatz, Hirono and the rest of the machine has been fundraising heavily for our opponent. The machine has all of the levers of power. If we want to make a difference, we have to do it ourselves.
We can do good for Hawaii and America, but we can’t sit on the sidelines.
We have to act now and together or it’ll be another 60 years of the same. And, our children and grandchildren just can’t afford that.