IN HAWAII, THE STATE OF LIABILITIES, THE COST OF RAIL IS JUST THE BEGINNING...
Our Unfunded Liabilities cartoon from John Pritchett.
OUR FEBRUARY DOWNTOWN FORUM, THE STATE OF UNFUNDED LIABILITIES
A joint presentation of ThinkTech & Grassroot Institute Sponsored by Hawaii Business Magazine
How can Hawaii deal with the risks of insolvency?
Tens of billions will be coming due soon
Liabilities everywhere: The rail project, the failing state hospital system, overdue maintenance on state buildings and campuses, underfunded public worker pensions and health insurance, and so much more...
Can we pay the bills for these liabilities?
How? What happens if we don't? What are our options? This issue affects everyone in Hawaii and will determine our state's future. We should all be aware of what is coming due and how we can deal with it.
February 26th, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, at Laniakea YWCA
Opening Remarks: Steve Petranik - Editor, Hawaii Business Magazine
- Kelli'i Akina - Grassroot Institute
- Andrew Aoki - formerly in the Abercrombie Administration and now with Islander Institute
- Hunter Heaivilin - Asia-Pacific Center for Regenerative Design
- Kitty Lagareta - Communications Pacific
- Colin Moore - Political Science Department at UHM
- Kalbert Young - formerly Director of Budget and Finance and now CFO of UH
Q&A by LiveSift.com
Sign up today
Thursday, February 26th, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Luncheon at the Downtown Laniakea YWCA
Registration $30, Students $20, Walk-ins $35
Parking not provided but available at Ali'i Place
Register at thinktechhawaii.com to attend!
SA: State can't afford to ignore heap of unfunded liabilities