From Hawaii Legislature, December 18, 2015
COMMITTEE ON HEALTH
COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, CONSUMER PROTECTION, AND HEALTH
NOTICE OF INFORMATIONAL BRIEFING
- DATE: Monday, December 28, 2015
- TIME: 1:30 PM
- PLACE: Conference Room 325, State Capitol, 415 South Beretania Street
A G E N D A
The purpose of this Informational Briefing is to discuss the status and progress of the implementation of Act 241, relating to medical marijuana, the promulgation of interim rules and regulations pursuant to Act 241, and areas of further policy development related to medical marijuana dispensaries.
Representatives of Hawaii State agencies invited to speak at this Informational Briefing include:
- Virginia Pressler, MD, Director, State Department of Health; Keith R. Ridley, Administrator, Office of Health Care Assurance; Peggy Leong, Supervisor, State Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program; and/or designated representatives of the Hawaii Department of Health
- Nolan Espinda, Director, State Department of Public Safety; Keith Kamita, Administrator, State Narcotics Enforcement Division; and/or designated representatives of the Hawaii Department of Public Safety; and
- Luis P. Salaveria, Director, State Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism; and/or designated representatives of the Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism.
Representatives of the following groups invited to speak at this Informational Briefing include:
- Pamela Lichty, and/or designated representatives of the Drug Policy Forum of Hawai‘i;
- Christopher Garth, Executive Director, Antoinette V. Lilley, President, and Garrett Halydier, Vice President, Hawai‘i Dispensary Alliance; and
- Trever K. Asam, Esq., Chairperson, Tax Section, Hawai‘i State Bar Association & Partner, Cades Schutte, LLP.
No public testimony will be accepted.
If you require special assistance or auxiliary aids and/or services to participate in the informational briefing (i.e., sign language interpreter or wheelchair accessibility), please contact the Committee Clerk at (808) 586-9425 to make a request for arrangements at least 24 hours prior to the briefing. Prompt requests help to ensure the availability of qualified individuals and appropriate accommodations.
For further information, please call the Committee Clerk at (808) 586-9425.
Dec 16: DoH Posts Interim Administrative Rules For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
Dec 12: Wanna Be A Drug Dealer? Hawaii has an Opportunity for You