RENOWNED EDITOR ROUNDS OUT DYNAMIC INTERNATIONAL LEADERS BOUND FOR HAWAII
Delegates to the International Women's Leadership Conference Can Win New York City Trip
News Release from www.HawaiiWomensConference.com
HONOLULU – Lesley Jane Seymour, Editor-in-Chief of More magazine, will address delegates at Hawai‘i’s 8th annual International Women’s Leadership Conference (IWLC), taking place on September 20, 2011 at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel and Resort.
Lesley Jane Seymour was named editor-in-chief of More in January 2008. Under her guidance, the magazine published its first compilation book, More Magazine’s 287 Secrets of Reinventing Your Life: Big and Small Ways to Embrace New Possibilities, was named to Mediaweek’s 2010 Hot List and dubbed “the Vanity Fair for Women” by marketers. Seymour was also ranked 4th on Forbes’ Most Powerful Fashion Magazine Editors list in 2009.
"I am thrilled to join the dynamic women who will address the 2011 International Women's Leadership Conference,” says Seymour. “At More, we speak to women who live in a constant state of possibility and we equip them with the information they need to help them achieve their goals. I am excited to share More’s message of reinvention with the women of Hawaii. Women of experience must continue to serve as an inspiration for the next generation of women leaders.”
Conference organizers will extend the learning and inspiration opportunities of the conference by hosting a winning delegate for a trip for two to New York City to visit the More magazine offices, meet with the Editor-in-Chief and be a part of the More team for a day. The winning delegate will name a young woman to accompany her on the trip, ensuring the inspirational experience is shared with a young leader of the next generation.*
This year’s IWLC will host 1,000 women from across the world in a forum where they can share ideas with ten global women leaders, including some of Hawai‘i’s very own.
Each of the keynote speakers is a renowned leader in her field, which range from business, to military, to non-profit. The line-up of speakers for the 2011 IWLC includes:
- Elim Chew, Founder & President of 77th Street, Singapore’s leading retail chain;
- Marty Evans, Retired Rear Admiral in US Navy, former Executive Director of Girl Scouts of the USA, and former President & CEO of the American Red Cross;
- Julie Gilbert, Founder & CEO of WOLF Means Business and former Vice President of Best Buy;
- Chief Master Sergeant Denise Jelinski-Hall, Senior Enlisted Leader for the National Guard Bureau and former State Senior Enlisted Leader for the Hawaii National Guard;
- Carolyn Kepcher, former Executive Vice President of the Trump Organization;
- Michelle Kristula-Green, Global Head of Human Resources for Leo Burnett Worldwide, one of the world’s largest advertising agencies;
- Nicole Marquez, a compelling story of perseverance after surviving a near-fatal accident;
- Aduei Riak, Sudanese genocide survivor who after experiencing freedom in the United States, has recently experienced being a part of her country gaining independence;
- Lesley Jane Seymour, Editor-in-Chief of More magazine; and
- Linda Lingle, Hawaii's first female governor.
The IWLC has been inspiring women in Hawai‘i since 2004, connecting the state with women leaders from around the world. Delegates leave the conference feeling inspired and motivated, many citing life changing experiences as a result of the event.
To register to attend and for more information regarding the conference, please visit www.hawaiiwomensconference.com. Early registration closes on June 30, 2011.
Interest supporters can find the International Women’s Leadership Conference on Facebook (facebook.com/iwlchi) and Twitter (twitter.com/iwlchawaii).
*Complete contest rules can be found online at www.hawaiiwomensconference.com. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.