From Hawaii Family Forum
As this email goes out, Allen Cardines and I are helping to prepare churches for voter registration. The deadline for registration is October 8th, so hopefully you, your family and friends, all are registered and geared up for the General Election. In about a week, we will be sending out the General Election Voter Guide. (Don't forget to order your newspaper print copies if you haven't done so already).
We have conducted several Community Action Network trainings through the islands and requests are still coming in from churches.
Unfortunately, our funds are low and we are in immediate need of your help.
- Hawaii Family Forum has been in the battle to save families since 1998. We have several successes under our belt including raising the age of consent in Hawaii from 14-16. (We were the lowest in the nation at the time).
- We have held back physician-assisted suicide with the help and partnership of other great pro-life organizations. What many of you may not know is that Hawaii Family Forum partnered with the Hawaii Medical Association to form a coalition of the medical, disability, legal and religious communities. That coalition has brought together some of the brightest minds in Hawaii who stand united and opposed to physician-assisted suicide. This issue will be coming up in 2013!
- We successfully partnered with Alliance Defending Freedom (including our own attorney Jim Hochberg) to continue to stand strong in support of marriage between one man and one woman. Our recent court victory, is only the beginning as an appeal to the ruling is already under way.
- We distributed over 40 thousand copies of the recent Primary Election Guide in various print forms to churches across Hawaii and the orders for the General Election have increased.
- And finally, we will be conducting an Adoption Workshop with Kelly Rosati on October 9th, (click here for more information) and we want to help Hope INC find forever families for keiki who are lost in the system and wards of the State. These are our own keiki... right here from our island home.
Please consider an immediate secure online gift of $5, $10, $25, $50, $100 or more right now. There is so much to do in the community and we want to continue to stand strong, and as you know, it takes funds to do so. In fact, we ask that you consider making an ongoing gift to Hawaii Family Forum. Please email me (Eva Andrade), if you want to find out how you can create a stronger foundation for the work of Hawaii Family Forum in Hawaii.
We pray that the Lord will continue to hold you, your family and our island home in the palm of His hands.
Mahalo for all that you do to make Hawaii a safe harbor for FAITH, FAMILY and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!
Allen Cardines, Jr.
Director of Communications