Who Really Gets Farm Bill Money (INFOGRAPHIC)
by Kelsey Harris, Heritage Foundation, May 30, 2013
Whenever Congress throws too much into one bill, special interests profit. The massive farm bill—which is already 80 percent food stamps—is no exception.
So what about the rest of the bill—the farm-related part? Heritage’s Diane Katz reports that it includes subsidies for more than a few surprising recipients. SHARE our infographic to spread the word.
>>> SHARE on Facebook
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Attorney General Eric Holder has invited a select few journalists to meet with him—off the record—to discuss the Department of Justice’s guidelines for investigating reporters.
- Meet a woman from Harris County, Texas, who applied for tax-exempt status with the IRS and was then subjected to six FBI visits, a tax audit, an OSHA inspection and more.
- Now that same-sex marriage has been legalized in France, couples are beginning to hold weddings.
- Octavio Sanchez, who lawfully immigrated from Mexico with his wife and children 16 years ago, shares his story of becoming a U.S. citizen.
- Why has religion declined so much in the Western world? Join us at noon ET today for a discussion with author Mary Eberstadt.
- Heritage Foundation President Jim DeMint appeared on Fox News last night to warn that “Obamacare puts the IRS on steroids.”