CIVIL UNIONS BILL SCHEDULED FOR HEARING
From Hawaii Family Forum
SB 232 Relating to Civil Unions
Senate Judiciary and Labor Committee
January 25, 2011 (Tuesday) @ 10:00 a.m. in room #016
Today the announcement was sent out regarding the hearing on SB 232 (Relating to Civil Unions). We told you weeks ago that this issue would come up fast based on reports from insiders at the capitol.
We are asking you to do three things ASAP:
1) CONTACT the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and ask them to oppose SB 232 relating to civil unions. (Click here for talking points). Ask your friends and family to do the same. Call first (numbers are below) and then click the "take action" button below to send an email.
- Senator Clayton Hee (Chair) (808) 586-7330
- Senator Maile Shimabukuro (Vice Chair) (808) 586-7793
- Senator Mike Gabbard (808) 586-6830
- Senator Les Ihara Jr (808) 586-6250
- Senator Sam Slom (808) 586-8420
2) Submit testimony opposing SB 232. Click here to read the hearing notice and get more information on the hearing and how to submit testimony.
3) Show up at the hearing on Tuesday wearing your white shirts and bring your family and friends with you. We anticipate the hearing to be a long one, so come prepared.
We appreciate your taking the time to do these three things but humbly ask that you keep your talking points concise and stay on message. Please refrain from threats or any other means of non-Christian behavior. We have a right (and duty) to express our beliefs but we should always remain Christlike in everything that we do.
Allen Cardines, Jr., Hawaii Family Forum
Click the link below to log in and send your message: http://www.votervoice.net/link/target/hiff/RWWQW9M4.aspx
RELATED: March for Life planned for Honolulu, Hilo
UPDATE: 2011 Senate Bill 232 (Civil Unions)
Introduced by Sen. Brickwood Galuteria (D) on January 21, 2011, to extend the same rights, benefits, protections, and responsibilities of spouses in a marriage to partners in a civil union; and to take effect 1/1/2012.
This 9-page bill is scheduled to be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011, at 10 a.m., in Room 016 at the state Capitol.
As if having one bill on the Civil Unions’ issue wasn’t enough to keep the legislators busy this session, another Civil Unions bill, SB231, which is 23-pages long, has been introduced, but so far has yet to be scheduled for a hearing.
See the status of SB232 here: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/lists/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=232
See the status of SB321 here: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2011/lists/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=231